Need some opinions

Posted by ArchitecTonic | Wednesday, March 25, 2009 | 1 comments »

I have been trying lately the software without a clear trace where to go now.. I would like to release the code under GPL and get users to start using it and comment on it.
But I have no time at the moment (at least for all the thoughts I have in mind)..
So it is a good time for testing and some feedback probably, so what I want to know is:

- If you check the sleeping motion data on this blog, please comment on when do you think I had a REM.. So I can get an idea of how to detect (predict, estimate) REM time.
- Your opinion on how this technology can be used, i.e. is vibrating periodically instead of playing a sound is a better option? is flashing the camera flash a better way to go? because trying all the methods can get frustrating, especially that I can try them only once per day :)
- What features do you expect in such a software? of course the ability to choose type and intensity of the alarm (vibration, sound, light), adjust motion sensitivity, and the HappyWakeUp option are already there (however suggestions concerning particulars of them are most welcome).

1 comments

  1. Daniel // March 30, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

    Hi, my opinion to your points:
    - Have none ;), better to ask an expert, e.g. from the forum
    - I think the "perfect" method might be different for every person. Try all of them, and choose what you think will work best for you. Then stick to it for training, this is my suggestion. For myself, I guess vibrating would wake me, so I'd prefer flashing or the sound. The flash of course would be best if it were triggered from a good position, e.g. via bluetooth, but that's probably to big a technical problem.
    - You probably have the important features already listed there. Don't know much about python, but some sort of easy extendibility would be nice.

Post a Comment